Saturday 8 March 2008

Saturday

Well last night was interesting. Andy told me on friday morning to be at my flat at 17.15 and be ready to leave and go somewhere else.
How criptic!!!! A Supprise!!!!

I duly arrived home got changed had a quick wash and got in his car and we were off down the M6 heading south. I was trying using my best Forensic analytical powers to pluck any information out of him. All he would say is that its gonna be good and it involved food... At this point I was content my stomach feeling like it was shrinking by the minutes and I would need a red cross food drop at any minute.

We arrived some 30 minutes later and parked down a side street. Only when facing the stadium I realised he had organised us to go watch his favourite Rugby team. I was so happy this was such a thoughtful supprise I had never been to see rugby and only understood the basics. Of course Andy is a mine of rugby info so I thought I would not struggle. I was afraid I would look like a total novice there but the game was great and within 30 mins I was into it and getting very irate when his team was not doing well! My second suppride which I was assured was food offered the gourmet dining of the Crispy Cod Chippy. Where as in the title served excellent crispy battered cod which was very nice. Calories not counted in this meal.!!!!
I actually really enjoyed the rugby, I have never been one for entertaining sports but there is something about this game. Rough and random yet elegant and controlled, and there is lots of men in tight shorts of course!!!!!!

On the way home he swung by ikea and 3 and a half days later we exit as per usual (Why can you not just nip in and out that shop) we are on out way to my house. I was completely exhausted so much so I was practically sleep walking by the time we got home!

2 comments:

London Preppy said...

I like how the surprise he had prepared for you, actually involved going to watch HIS rugby team play, especially when you say you don't even have much of an interest n rugby. Nice work Andrews

Northern Monkey said...

Ha Ha I know, but i suppose it is payback for the many hours of CSI I force Andrew to watch, Its amazing how glazed over someone can look when the TV is on.
I love CSI, So if he is around on tuesdays thats it 9-10 my mind is elsewhere!