Monday 31 March 2008

The Weekend In The Big Smoke

I have had the best weekend.  This weekend I met my mans best friend whom I had heard lots about.  We arrived just after tea and after out train ride and the brief trip on the sewer train, which was much nicer and clean after the last time I was in out nations capital we arrived at our accommodation for the weekend!  We decided to get a beer and assess the food situation as I have a nut allergy and eating out is always a disaster.  In the end we opted for KFC and met LP and retired to the comfort of his gracious drawing room.  
LP is exactly how Andrew had described and I can see why Andrew keeps him on side as a best friend.  LP is alot more charming than Andrew said with an addictive personality!!
I was very quiet to tell the truth which Andrew told me was very unnerving as I don't usually shut up.  I didn't want to promote my loud mouth on the initial visit I feel my unique mind is something that is best to be introduced to slowly he he I decided to dial down the crazy!!
LP left us to it as his beloved man was suffering with man flu and he attended to attempt a Florence Nightingale bit!  This lasted an hour as the patient seemed beyond repair.  
The next day I demanded a more tourist approach to the day and me and Andrew visited the Cabinet War rooms a prospect that I am sure excited sad little old me more than him but in true British style he kept a stiff upper lip!  In the evening time we went out with LP to meet his boyfriend (the incubus of some kind of plague) and another of his friends whom I think goes by the name of Mean, we went to a coffee shop for some late night caffeine.  Considering we were all gay men there was very little drama and a chill out out night was had by all.  I was more than impressed with the calorie control dedication demonstrated by LP when devouring a choccie muffin, the taste was savoured then the contents ejected into a tissue! Me and Andrew finished off the evening by wandering around Old Compton street.
I must say I am impressed by the nations capital these days so clean and I felt safe... Well done labour!!
 Although I did find this odd man on the tube


I must attract all the odd people goin!!!

On sunday this consisted of a slow start thanks to BST beginning and us losing an hour, but after more wandering around we met LP and his friend a most pleasant lady for a coffee at apostrophe, I know its childish but I want to start a rival chain called comma!!!!
There i witnessed the most solidified hot chocolate of my life which had to be eaten with a spoon rather than drank.  Maybe its endorsed by skint dentists to drum up more cavity work.  It certainly looked impressive!  
It was then a quick tube back to LP abode pack and off back to Euston for the train home!

Today has consisted of washing and faffing and we cleaned both our cars out!

Overall I hope I managed to make a good impression on my mans best friend as its important to me that we get on as I know how important he is to Andrew! Am waiting for some all important feedback! 

Will update once I have processed my weekend too much to write in one sitting

Laters


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great weekend. Take care and keep up the good work. The posts are like a vacation for those of us on another continent. A lot of cross cultural sameness that always seem to surprise me.

Do write to update the posts about job interviews.

Tim in the South said...

LP... charming. Addictive. LP... this is London Preppy we're talking about, just so there's no misunderstanding? Not Lilian Portenbrass? Not Lionel Pendrake? And no money exchanged hands? Blackmail never entered the discussion? You wrote these words entirely of your own accord? I quiver.