Tuesday 1 April 2008

Tuesday -2.5 official Olympic Score

So after a very mundane 1.2 from the russian judge at the hell hole NHS i discover that my trip to the pub has been canceled by default because noone is attending, which I am glad about in one way because my home is untidy and been playing on my thoughts today!
I arrive home decided to bypass the gym as I feel moderately like crap and see at the top of my stairs a small parcel. This could be the thing that will improve my day exponentially. I rush in and open to find 4 energy saver light bulbs, not the gift I was hoping for but nevertheless free so I welcome it!
The back story to this is I have opted to change electricity supplier as they boasted a 50% saving. The accompanying letter stated that I have been put on the Age Concern tarrif!!! This instantly put my day to a minus figure. So a little irate i phoned Eon up and enquired did they think I am 65 and over the hill and needed to be kept warm to insulate my tired old bones?
The guy did however back fill this hole very quickly, he explained that this tarrif is available to all the he put me on it because I get free stuff like bulbs and monoxide detectors etc. I ended the call thanking him........... even though I was still borderline insulted!

I then cooked a frozen pizza and my father interupted to bring me a new iron a bargain he had to but for me!! Why I ask???

As requested a job update::

In regards to the job in Manchester my security clearance has come through and now my references are being checked then I can finally start. Although I do have an interview in London on the 11th for an even better dream job working as a Forensic Scientist Geek (my dream), I have already sceduled coffee with LP to discuss the events from the previous weekend priorities set of course! I am also looking forward to this to get to know him and maybe I might be more chatty this time!

To top off my very lower than average day I walked into the bathroom and nearly trod on a huge spider which I hate, they are vile minions of satin, A fear that I must address someday but today is not that day. After shrieking like a girl the spider ran off into a hole behind my toilet. I am not a bit anxious about having a number 2 incase it jumps out to torment me! The battle may be lost for this night but I will win the war!

I now fully intend to relax and more than likely speak to Andrew when he gets back to his hotel room he is in Bristol today with work!

Good night all

Feel Free To Leave Comments People

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found your blog through a link on London Preppy, who incidentally I found through a link on Vividblurry. Anyways, I just wanted to know that I'm really enjoying your writing, and looking forward to your next post! :) Your outlook on life really makes me laugh at times. I'm living in Prestonia atm, so I can relate to some of the places you mention.

Northern Monkey said...

Anonymous - How secretive? I gather Prestonia = Preston? Is this true? How old are you etc?? Whay are you anonymous?